“Data ethnography” explanatory material has been released.
Ideafund Co., Ltd. (Founder & CEO: Naoko Okawachi, Tokyo), a behavior observation company that applies cultural anthropology techniques, has developed a new research method, “data ethnography” that applies cultural anthropological fieldwork methods to big data such as consumer behavior log data.
Statistical analysis of big data, which has been the mainstream until now, has a problem that it is difficult to utilize it for creating ideas required in the business phase such as new product / service development. On the other hand, data fieldwork is an effective research method for a wide range of themes that require a deep understanding of consumers.
- Exploring new perspectives from the behavior and consciousness of extreme users
- Building a target persona for new product development
- Understanding the signs of changes in consumer behavior as soon as possible by grasping cutting-edge behavior patterns
- Creating a customer journey for products and services
- By segment comparison, understanding the characteristic behavior of consumers and discovering hypotheses
- Understanding the trends of brand switches from consumer lifestyles
- According to specific scenes, understanding the advertising effects of TV commercials etc
Explanatory material for data ethnography can be viewed below.* The material is written in Japanese
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding data fieldwork or the cost and period of conducting the survey.
IDEAFUND is a professional research company located in Tokyo. Since its foundation in 2018, its founder Naoko and her colleagues have applied the methodology of cultural anthropology to market/consumer research. By doing so, they have always tried to understand the wholeness of consumers/users and to find some keys to innovation.
- IDEAFUND CO., Ltd.
- ESOMAR Corporate Member